Friday, August 3, 2007

Jennifer Le: Fashion Powerhouse

You never know who you'll meet on myspace.com
I have become very acquainted with a fashion icon on the rise..

Her name is Jennifer Le aka The Fashion Powerhouse.

From Toronto, Canada and at the ripe age of 20 years young, Jennifer is a full time student and she also runs her own Image consulting business. Her hobbies include designing clothes, reading self-help books, and listening to mew jack swing and old school hip hop. I was lucky enough to interview the mogul ont he rise..


When did you develop a love for fashion?

Fashion has always been an outlet for self expression. I don’t consider it a ‘love’ for fashion, its innate.

Did you learn the "tools of the trade" in school, or on your own?
Everything I ‘know’ (whatever that means lol) was learnt through trial and error. Growing up I went through many different looks and as I grew up I was not only able to find myself as a young woman but I was grateful enough to find out what looks work for me.
Aside from my own personal style, the only formal training I received was my ‘image consulting’ certificate, which I use to run my business.


What aspect of the fashion industry do you love the most and why?
My favorite aspect of the fashion industry is the simple fact that anyone from any walk of life, culture, business, can unite into one multi- dimensional industry.


In your closet right now, what is your favorite iitem of clothing?

Wow, that is a really good question… just because it is one of my latest additions/designs that I am really proud of it’s a ‘dress’ – I will send over some pictures as soon as I have them and until then, it’s top secret*
*laughs*

What do you usually wear to bed?
Sings Adina Howard’s…”T-shirt and my panties on….”
* laughs*
I think that’s the most comfortable attire to sleep in and I mean on hot summer’s night than go commando, there’s nothing wrong with wrapping up in your comforter!
Plus I currently have no reason to be jazzin’ up my nightwear game so until then…
I got my “t shirt and my panties on”….


Who's style do you most admire? Who are your favorite fashion icons, past and present?

Victoria Beckham, Naomi Campbell and Patricia Field.

Whats one accessory you could never leave home without?
My confidence.

Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction in public? If so, what did you do about it?
I don’t ever recall having a wardrobe malfunction in public, god forbid that ever occurs… but I’m very quick on my feet so I’d probably turn the malfunction into the next biggest trend !!!




Be on the look out for Jennifer Le...and don't be surprised if one day you have been "POWERHOUSED"
This has been an "In the World of Fashion" interview


Kisses and couture
-Icy

No comments: