Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cut It Out!! (short hair)

Okay everyone. Its time that I acknowledge the many people chopping off their hair.

*laughs*

In the FUTURE, I personally would like to see some unique short hair cuts. Keyword UNIQUE.
Nonetheless...its my job to report fashion news (no matter how repetitive)

Hmm...now where should I begin.

Many people believe that the timeless standard of beauty is long flowing hair. But, contrary to popular belief, that is just ONE standard of beauty. Fashion Icons are normally praised as edgy and DIFFERENT when they "trademark" a short hair cut..
Here are a few people for example:

Twiggy


T-Boz


I am going to post pics of celebrities with the SAME hair cuts and styles until you all get sick of them *laughs

Victoria Beckhm had the A-Symetrical "Rihanna cut" BEFORE Rihanna...so therefore the hairstyle should be called the Beckham cut. Rihanna is a mini Victoria. Don't agree??
The proof is in the pics:


Rihanna

Even TRINA jumped on the band wagon


Now the next topic will be..the unspoken resemblance in Kelis and Pink. I'm glad I'm the FIRST to speak on it..


Pink


Kelis


Pink


Kelis


Pink


Kelis


I think I got my point across. *laughs*

This post was not to belittle to the styles of anyone. I just want my readers to realize that even some of the greatest fashion icons, have OTHER people that inspire them.

Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery. So if you have one of these styles, do not let this article offend you. You simply iconize the taste of someone you admire and in the end...that's okay

Kisses and couture
-Icy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post was MUCH needed!!

I love the blog, ICY!

Anonymous said...

WHO KNOWS FASHION LIKE ICY

!!!NOBODY!!!

DOT

Anonymous said...

i know that right
u go this style think down pack

Anonymous said...

thats true everybody Looks at someone else for inspiration no matter how famous they are

LoveHateSensation said...

It true people look for inspiration in places you wouldn't suspect. As for Trina, i think she tried and she failed.

Anonymous said...

thats true... i really feel like kelis brought back the short hair..

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest post ever... It's soooo True, Especially the whole Rihanna and Beckhem bit.. I said the same thing, but friends said Rihanna started the trend...I'm with team Beckhem on the subject...

Great post Icy, Luvs it!

stemcellresearch said...

cheri dennis also had tht cut before rihanna

Stephani Glam said...

cheri dennis had it for awile also

Real hair wigs said...

its absolutely wonderful blog . i like it very much. awesome and pictures is great,.

dancilhoney said...

great hairstyles that keep on changing with coming years. great exposure short hair cuts