Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Blast From the Past with a Glimpse of the Future


"Guaranteed to Change Your Life"
That is the slogan of the clothing line Jeantrix Clothing Co.

Jeantrix was founded in 2003 by two innovative designers, Nyce and Hom.
Nyce and Hom are cousins and they later met a third designer, Basil, at a fashion show the summer of 2006.

The main goal of Jeantrix Clothing Co. is just cater to the crowd of those that dare to be different and to one day take over the world of fashion.

The line consists of ready-to-wear pieces, including t-shirts, hoodies and jeans. The look is urban couture. The designers are not afraid to make outrageous an imaginative choices, which is apparent in their tulle and bubble dresses, and even the use of "trash" on their clothing.




I was very excited to interview the two founders.

What do you feel is your greatest contribution to Jeantrix Clothing?
Nyce and Hom: My artistic talents and my ability to think outside the box.

When did you develop a love for fashion?
Nyce: I've loved fashion since I can remember. Fashion has always been number 1. We all go through that stage where we want to be a "rockstar", or some type of musician. I wanted to but only so I could be admired for my fashion. *laughs* So that's how i REALLY knew that fashion was my FIRST love!

Hom: The end of middle school.


Did you learn the "tools of the trade" in school, or on your own?
Nyce: I learned everything on my own. I DID go to aschool for fashion but it didn't last long because the way I see it, there is no school, teacher, professor, or whatever can give you a vision. Fashion is a vision that only YOU have. You can learn the "business" and marketing aspects of fashion but not the design part because I feel as though, YOUR vision is YOUR vision.

Hom: I learned them partly on my own and from partly my cousin (Nyce).

What aspect of the fashion industry do you love the most and why?
Nyce: That I actually get to be me. Knowing that I can wake up and do what I love to do and actually benifit off of it and meeting new people on the daily thats into the same thing i'm into (fashion). It keeps me motivated.

Hom: Meeting new and famous people and getting back in succes what we put forward in effort.


In your closet right now, what is your favorite item of clothing?
Nyce and Hom: The Jeantrix "trash jacket"


What do you usually wear to bed?
Nyce: Clothing is for the public eye. When i go to sleep, no ones watching. Therefore.........*laughs*

Hom: Basketball shorts and a wife beater.

Who's style do you most admire? Who are your favorite fashion icons, past and present?
Nyce: Kanye West, Gwen Stephanie, Eve, Pharell Williams, Betsey Johnson, and Marc Jacobs

Hom: Kanye West, Heatherette, Kimora Lee, Tommy Hilfiger

Whats one accessory you could never leave home without?
Nyce and Hom: Watch or chain.

Have any of you ever had a wardrobe malfunction in public? If so, what did you do about it?
Nyce: Bubble gum under the back pocket of my jeans!!!!I i scrubbed it off as much as possible and just kept that confidence like it was suppose to be there. *laughs*

Hom: Only an unzipped fly, someone told me to XYZ (eXamine Your Zipper).

Why do you think the 80's is a big inspiration for a lot of up and coming designers, and why do you think the era still reigns today?
Nyce and Hom: The 80s was the most interesting and diverse decade for fashion. Many styles came and left in that decade, and most young people today didn't have a chance to wear these styles, so they are doing their research and reviving this style.

Jeantrix is currently working on hosting their own website/domain www.jeantrix.com, until then you can hit them up on myspace and purchase their clothing.
www.myspace.com/jeantrix or click here

Kisses and couture
-Icy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll need me as a print model....-J. Dollarz

Eboni-Marie said...

OMG!!! I LOVE JEANTRIX...I WOULD LOVE A DRESS MADE FOR PROM